This time I want to devote a post to some of the best (free) tools for ConfigMgr 2007. These tools can make it a lot easier to manage, troubleshoot and develop you ConfigMgr 2007 environment.
- SCCM Right Click Tools – SCCM Right Click Tools are an easy solution for managing all client action from the ConfigMgr Console by right clicking the client.
- SCCM Client Center – SCCM Client Center is a tool to help troubleshoot and manage SCCM 2007 advanced clients (force inventory, show execution history, show running executions).
- OSD++ – OSD++ is a better way to get input from the user and populate task sequences variables.
- SMSMap – SMSMap is a freeware SCCM 2007 / SMS 2003 hierarchy drawing tool. It is an all-in-one solution for creating Visio drawings of any combination of SCCM 2007 and SMS 2003 site servers.
- SCCMAutoDoc – SccmAutoDoc is a command-line utility that documents a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 site in a human-readable format.
- SCCM 2007 SDK – The SDK enables developers to build plug-ins for the Configuration Manager console, to build automation scripts for batch processing to the SMS Provider, and to manipulate client settings.
- SCCM-Tools.com – SCCM-Tools.com is a central place to find, request, and submit Configuration Manager 2007 tools.
- BitsAdmin – BITSAdmin is a command-line tool that you can use to create download or upload jobs and monitor their progress.
- WMI Administrative Tools – WMI Tools include: WMI CIM Studio: view and edit classes, properties, qualifiers, and instances in a CIM repository; run selected methods; generate and compile MOF files. WMI Object Browser: view objects, edit property values and qualifiers, and run methods.
- WMI Diagnosis Utility – WMIDiag.vbs is a VBScript script designed to help you ascertain the current state of the WMI service on a computer. Website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d7ba3cd6-18d1-4d05-b11e-4c64192ae97d&displaylang=en