After the upgrade of my test lab (which is running in Native Mode) to ConfigMgr 2007 R2 SP2 (RC) all my Task Sequences suddenly fail with the error: An error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer (0x80004005).
Taking a look at my SMSTS.LOG it showed me the error: No cert available for policy decoding.
This made me wonder what happened to my PXE Certificate that I applied to my PXE Service Point. So I took a look at my certificates (System Center Configuration Manager > Site Database > Site Management > <MySiteName> > Site Settings > Certificates > PXE). Here I noticed that my PXE Certificate was just suddenly missing…
So after re-adding my PXE Certificate to my PXE Service Point it all worked fine again. To add a PXE Certificate to the PXE Service Point follow the next steps:
- Open the Configuration Manager console and browse to System Center Configuration Manager > Site Database > Site Management > <YourSiteName> > Site Settings > Site Systems.
- Select the PXE Service Point and click in the Actions pane Properties to open the ConfigMgr PXE Service Point Properties.
- Select the Database tab and select Import Certificate.
- Browse to the needed certificate, fill in the Password and click Ok.