This time I want to devote a post to some of the best informational links about Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP) 2010 (and its integration with ConfigMgr 2007). These links can make it a lot easier to plan, scale, install, manage and troubleshoot your ConfigMgr 2007 with FEP 2010 integrated -environment.
- FEP 2010 General Information – This link provides some general information about FEP 2010.
- FEP 2010 Deployment Case Study @Microsoft – This link provides some information about the case study used by Microsoft IT for FEP 2010.
- FEP 2010 TechNet Library – This link provides all the information available in the Microsoft TechNet Library about FEP 2010. It includes planning, scaling, installing and managing a FEP 2010 –environment, with or without ConfigMgr 2007.
- FEP 2010 Tools – This link provides downloads to some available tools, for creating policies, for adding policies, for gathering support data and for scanning an existing environment.
- FEP 2010 Capacity Planning Worksheet – This link provides a download of a FEP Datawarehouse Space Capacity Planning worksheet. Use this worksheet to estimate the needed disk space.
- System Center Best Practices – This link provides System Center best practices and real-world expierence, which now also includes FEP 2010.
- How to deploy the FEP 2010 Client via OS Deployment – This link provides a step-by-step about deploying the FEP 2010 Client via OS Deployment.
- Automatically deploy the FEP 2010 Updates via ConfigMgr 2007 – This link provides a step-by-step about deploying the FEP 2010 Updates via ConfigMgr 2007.
- Deploying the FEP 2010 Client via Disk Images – Even though this link is a part of the FEP 2010 TechNet Library, it is good to specifically name it. This link provides some registry keys which should be deleted when adding the FEP 2010 Client to an image.