I noticed lately that some extras, which are delivered/ copied with ConfigMgr 2007 R2/R3, are often forgotten to be used. So in this short post I will give them in a little time in the spotlights.
- Virtual Application Package Tools – The Virtual Application Package Tools are available in ConfigMgr 2007 R2 to help you manage virtual application packages in your ConfigMgr 2007 environment. The following tools are included:
- ManageVAppPackage.vbs – This script is used to update an existing virtual application package or to import a new virtual application.
- SetRetensionRules.vbs – This script is used to configure the retention policy for virtual application packages,.
- AppVirtMgmtClient.sms – This Package Definition File is used to create a package to install the App-V Client.
- AppVirtMgmtSequencer.sms – This Package Definition File is used to create a package to install the App-V Sequencer.
TechNet Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161873.aspx
- Forefront Client Security Configuration Pack Baseline – The Forefront Client Security Configuration Pack Baseline is a Desired Configuration Management Pack and is used to monitor the Client Security agent on clients managed by ConfigMgr 2007 R2 Sites.
TechNet Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161958.aspx
- Configuration Manager 2007 Client Status Reporting – The Client Status Reporting in ConfigMgr 2007 R2 is used to provide up-to-date information on the status of client computers in a ConfigMgr 2007 hierarchy.
TechNet Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161956.aspx
- Power Management Report Pack – The Power Management Report Pack in ConfigMgr 2007 R3 includes several reports and can be used to help you analyze power consumption and computer power settings in your organization.
TechNet Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff977098.aspx
- Power Viewer – The Power Viewer is a tool included with ConfigMgr 2007 R3 and can be used to view power management-related information on ConfigMgr 2007 client computers.
TechNet Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff977077.aspx
Besides these handy reports and tools there are also some standard extras on the full installation source. Some ADM Templates for configuring client settings and some scripts for reconfiguring request ports.