For those who didn’t read it on Twitter, Facebook or mail yet, ConfigMgr 2012 BETA 2 is available for download! For more information, read here the mail of Microsoft Connect:
The Configuration Manager Team is pleased to announce the release of Configuration Manger 2012 Beta 2! It is now available on Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=34794
Please reference the Supported Configuration Document and Release Notes which can be found on:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/4/5/54508737-EB00-4B65-8DB3-F0D810FA3A9F/Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2 Supported Configuration.pdf
A few notes before you get started:
- Please use only SQL Server 2008 SP1 and CU 10 or 11 (SQL 2008 SP2 or SQL 2008 R2 is not supported)
- Ensure site server computer has internet access to download pre-requisites or run setupdl.exe from an internet connected computer
- Ensure Windows Firewall is either disabled or SQL ports 1433 and 4022 are open on the CAS and Primary site.
- To manage Windows XP SP3 non-English clients, locate and download the Windows Remote Management update from the following location: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936059. This update is needed to prevent the client from continually attempting remediation. Please see release notes for more information.
- From the Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=29497), download the software update WSUS-KB131665-x64.exe and install the software update on all software update point site system roles if you are using Software Update Point based client deployment. Please see release notes for more information.
- For task sequence deployments the option for downloading content from the DP and running it locally will not work and will result in errors in the tsagent.log Workaround is to download content from the DP when required and run locally. Please see release notes for more information
- Configuration Manager Network Access Protection is not supported in this release
You many also reference How to videos posted on TechNet:
We look forward to your feedback! Please submit your feedback regularly using the Feedback Form (https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/feedback/CreateFeedbackForm.aspx?FeedbackFormConfigurationID=4216&FeedbackType=1).
Configuration Manager Customer Team