First of all, this post is not (meant as) a Step-By-Step. I will just show the big picture. As I like to install everything with ConfigMgr 2007, I also wanted to install my blogging tool with ConfigMgr 2007. My blogging tool is Windows Live Writer, nice, simple and easy. As it was kind of hard to find information about which command-line to use, the command-line will be part of this post.
To install/ deploy Windows Live Writer with ConfigMgr 2007, simply follow the next 4 steps:
- Download the full installer of Windows Live (WLSetup) here: http://download.live.com/*.
- Create a new Package in ConfigMgr 2007 (Site Database > Computer Management > Software Distribution > Packages) and point the Data Source to the location where you keep the installer.
- Create a new Program with the newly created package and use the command-line: wlsetup-all.exe /AppSelect:Writer /quiet. This command-line will only install the Windows Live Writer and is based on this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd550747.aspx.
- Create a new Advertisement of the newly created program and it is all ready to install/ deploy!
* Keep in mind that it will first start with downloading the web installer. Cancel this download and press “Try Again”, this time it will start to download the full installer.