What a week it was! As we all expected the last week was one full of cool announcements and releases. In this post I will give an overview of all the ConfigMgr 2012 related releases of last week.
- System Center 2012 empowers you with a common management toolset for your private and public cloud applications and services. System Center helps you confidently deliver IT as a Service for your business. System Center 2012 is available in English.
Download System Center 2012: http://bit.ly/Jzfak9
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions
- Package Conversion Manager (PCM). The Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Package Conversion Manager allows for converting packages and programs into applications and deployment types in System Center Configuration Manager 2012. There is a migration feature which will be released with the Configuration Manager 2012 that allows packages to be migrated from 2007 to 2012. Once you have migrated your package objects and installed PCM then it is just a matter analyzing your packages in order to determine which readiness state each are in, and then converting those packages that are in the appropriate readiness state. This release comes in 4 languages.
- Physical to Virtual (P2V) Migration Toolkit. The System Center 2012 Configuration Manager P2V Migration Toolkit facilitates the re-utilization of existing x64 server hardware using virtualization technologies, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Hyper-V. The P2V Migration Toolkit was specifically designed to assist in situations where there are remote Configuration Manager 2007 SP 2 site servers that need to be retained during side-by-side migration process to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. The P2V Migration Toolkit is geared to supporting P2V migrations at remote, branch offices that do not have existing onsite Virtual Machine Manager infrastructure.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Toolkit. The Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Toolkit contains nine downloadable tools to help you manage and troubleshoot Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. The toolkit contains the following tools: Client Spy, Policy Spy, Security Configuration Wizard, Send Schedule Tool, Power Viewer Tool, Deployment Monitoring Tool, Run Metering Summarization Tool, Role-based Administration Modeling and Auditing Tool and the License Tracking PowerShell Cmdlets.
Download Configuration Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions: http://bit.ly/Hi5ARZ
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 is the newest version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, a Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. MDT 2012 supports deployment of Windows 7, Office 2010 and 365, and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP.
Download MDT 2012: http://bit.ly/HRYyce
- (Actually not released this week but it does contain some really cool ConfigMgr related tools, like USMT 5.0!) Windows® Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) is a collection of tools and documentation that you can use to customize, assess, and deploy Windows operating systems to new computers. You can install the Windows ADK directly from the internet, or you can download the tools and copy them to a computer that does not have internet access.
Download Windows ADK: http://bit.ly/y9gQRl
Well, that’s a nice list of some very cool releases. While I’m busy sharing links now anyway I think it’s also cool to mention that Maik Koster released a new version of his MDT Web Frontend (with support for ConfigMgr 2012).
Download MDT Web Frontend: http://bit.ly/I63EBv